If you’ve recently participated in a 2022 and/or 2023 Operation S.A.F.E. Fly-In and you’re receiving this eNewsletter because you are an NAAA member, you have completed two of four requirements to apply for C-PAASS certification for 2023.
Apply for C-PAASS certification today, which is offered on an annual basis to individual ag pilots, both operator and non-operator. As the first year for C-PAASS, its requirements are based entirely upon education and professional opportunities already available:
- Annual PAASS Attendance for three (3) years
- 2020-2021 season, AND
- 2021-2022 season, AND
- 2022-2023 season
- Biennial Operation S.A.F.E. Participation
- 2022 season, AND/OR
- 2023 season
- Annual Membership in NAAA
- Annual Membership in a State/Regional agricultural aviation association
To submit a 2023 C-PAASS application:
Aerial applicators, now more than ever, operate in an environment of competing interests. An ever-increasing demand for timely and effective applications is challenged by factors such as added regulatory burden, rising insurance costs and stiffer pesticide label language, just to name a few. The agricultural aviation industry is rising to these challenges and, in character, has moved to advance education, rather than regulation, as the path forward.
Check your eligibility at education.agaviation.org/cpaass.
- You will need to log in using your NAAA username/password. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- If eligible, scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the 2023 C-PAASS Application tile. Hover over it and click the green Register (Free!) button.
- You will be prompted to attest to your completion of each of the requirements and directed to upload documentation of your 2023 membership in a State/Regional agricultural aviation association. NAAA Staff will be automatically notified to review your application once this documentation is submitted.
- Your application will be reviewed within three (3) business days.
- If your application is accepted, you will be provided a link to pay the certification fee (currently $100) and obtain your digital certificate.
NAAA and NAAREF jointly launched the Certified-Professional Aerial Applicator Safety Steward (C-PAASS) program earlier this year to serve as the industry’s flagship certification and as a roadmap for the pursuit of the best educational opportunities currently available. This voluntary program allows those aerial applicators who strive to constantly educate themselves to better their safety and application quality to be recognized for their efforts. Secondarily, the certification can signal to customers, regulators and others outside the industry their commitment to professionalism.
Apply for C-PAASS certification today! Utilize it to inform regulatory officials and insurance agents and to market to your customers that you have undergone additional training and development to ensure you can provide the highest quality service.